Calbayog – Samar First District Engineering Office to construct an appropriated amount of P 402 million worth of Flood Control Projects under GAA CY 2017. The District Office has a total of 7 Flood Control Projects for this year;
- Construction of Flood Control Structures along Jibatang River (Upstream) Brgy. Lonoy costing 100m, Calbayog City.
- Construction of Flood Control Structures along Gandara River (Upstream) Brgy. Ngoso, Gandara Samaramounting 80m.
- Construction of Flood Control structures, Labuyao River Control (Sta. 0+000-Sta. 0+352), Calbayog City costing 45m.
- Construction of Flood Control structures along Calbayog River (Upstream) Brgy. Hamorawon amounting 50m, Calbayog City.
- Rehabilitation/Improvement of Flood Control Structure Upstream of Jibatang River (Sta.0+348.6-Sta.0+697.2) at Brgy. Lonoy amounting to 50m, Calbayog City.
- Construction of Flood Control structures along Binaliw River (Phase II) Brgy. Binaliw, Calbayog City costing 28m.
- Construction of Flood Control structures along Arapison River, Brgy. Cagsumje, Sta. Margarita having an appropriation of 50m.
These Flood Control Projects will mitigate flooding in the above-mentioned barangays and will prevent further damages to lives and properties. Approved Plans and Program of Works (POW) are already advertised for procurement.
According to implementing section, notices of awards and notice to proceed will be issued anytime this week for contractors to implement these Flood Control Structures to beat the deadline set for completion.